I have extensive knowledge and experience in treating children, adolescents, and adults and specialize in mental health, play therapy, individual therapy, family therapy and trauma therapy.
I completed an internship at a foster agency and then later at a community mental health agency. During the internship I received training in play therapy and utilizes play therapy when treating children.
In my childhood I wanted to become a doctor, but my passion changed after I read an interesting book about Freud. I began to read about the development of the mind as well as the mind body connection. As I grew up I watched some people handle life well while others struggled. Helping people work through issues seemed to be a wonderful idea for a career.
Being able to achieve my life goal of helping people who are stuck and are longing to change their life has been my crowning achievement. There is no better work and it’s a privilege to be entrusted with a client’s journey to positive mental health outcomes.
- Three year Master’s Degree in Community Counseling from Xavier University
- Bachelor’s in Psychology from Xavier University
Certification and Membership
- Certified by the National Board of Certified Counselors
- Member of the American Counseling Association
- Member of American Mental Health Counselor Association
- Member of American Play Therapy Association